CCTV Operator Course
At Bright learning, we offer Door Supervisor, Security Guard and CCTV Operator Training
CCTV operator course Leicester
A CCTV (closed circuit television) operator works in a central control room, monitoring and controlling a bank of screens. These are linked to surveillance cameras placed in public places, buildings and places such as construction sites, to detect and prevent crime, and protect people.In order to obtain SIA license and work as CCTV Operator within Private Security Industry you will need to show that you are trained to the right level and you have relevant qualifications. To get a CCTV Operator license you will need to attend a Level 2 CCTV operator course and pass the exams. The course will be delivered in 3 consecutive days. We at Bright learning run CCTV Operator course in Leicester twice a month. At the end of the course, there will be 2 multiple questions exams. Please call us to check our forthcoming course dates.
Next Available Dates:
The course is Suitable for:This course is suitable for new entrants or other security personnel who would like to widen their skills and be eligible to apply for a SIA License to work as a CCTV Operator within Private Security Industry. Once you have gained this qualification you would be able to work as a CCTV Operator in the UK and your employment chances will increase. Following are some reasons why people choose to do this course:
- Flexible working hours
- Part time and Full time roles available
- Multiple employment opportunities
- Extra money on the weekends and night shifts
- Double the value to your Employer if you have Door Supervisor and CCTV Licence
What will I learn on the course?
The SIA CCTV course Leicester runs over 3 consecutive days and is divided into three units:Unit 1: Working in The Private Security Industry:
- Know the main characteristics of the private security industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Understand the importance of communication within CCTV operations
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
- Understand health and safety relevant to the CCTV operator
- Understand how to use CCTV equipment
- Be able to operate the CCTV system
There is no formal requirement for this course as long as the candidate has Level 1 functional skills (Numeracy and Literacy). You will also have to provide your Photo Identification such as Passport or Full UK driving Licence, Passport size photograph and Proof of Address (not more than 3 months old).
What certificate am I going to receive?
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Award in working as a CCTV Operator certificate from an awarding body within England and Wales who are currently recognised by Ofqual and Department for Education and Skills.
What work will I be eligible to do with this qualification?Learners who will successfully complete Level 2 Award in working as CCTV Operator are eligible to work as CCTV Operator within private security industry. In UK, CCTV cameras are everywhere. Once completed this qualification and gained CCTV licence, you will be working as following:
- sitting in front of a bank of up to 15 screens, constantly monitoring the live pictures that come in from the surveillance cameras
- operating the position of the cameras, for example if a cash machine is about to be emptied, you would focus the camera on the security guard
- monitoring anyone acting suspiciously, and alerting security staff or police if you see an act of theft, vandalism or any other crime
- monitoring cleaning staff working in large empty buildings for their safety
- notifying the police of any anti-social behaviour
- keeping a log of all incidents to pass onto police
- called to give evidence in court as a witness
Book your Course Now:
You can book this course online or by calling us on 01162101070Alternatively, you can visit one of the centres to enrol CCTV course in Leicester. Full guidance will be provided upon completion of bookings. If you have any further query, please contact us via completing Contact us form on our website or you can call us on 01162101070.