At Bright learning, we have qualified, multilingual and experienced
staff who work hard to ensure learners complete their course with
full knowledge and understanding.
Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
Personal Licence qualification is one day course. It is a requirement by Licencing Law that anyone requiring Personal Licence must have gained an Award for Personal Licence Holders qualification (APLH) before applying to sell alcohol.
This Course is Suitable For:
APLH course aimed at anyone who wishes to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol, specifically those who work in licensed premises or any venue or site where alcohol is sold, for drinking on or off the premises. To apply for Personal Licence you need to gain this qualification.
What will you Learn:
The APLH course contents are focused on the Licencing Act 2003 and the responsible of selling alcohol. This course enables the person to understand:
- The nature, purpose and period of validity of a Personal Licence..
- Application process and legal duties when applying for a Personal Licence.
- The legal duties of a Personal Licence Holder.
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities.
- Licensing Objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives.
- The nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body.
- The law in relation to premises licences.
- The role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).
- The law in relation to Temporary Event Notices.
- The rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises.
- The law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises.
- The powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises.
- Prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities.
There is no formal requirement for this course as long as the candidate has basic functional skills (Numeracy, Literacy and ICT). You will also have to provide us with your Photo Identification such as Passport or Full UK driving License, Passport size photograph and Proof of Address.
The personal licence course is assessed in the form of a multiple-choice exam which is externally assessed by the Awarding body.
What do I need to do to get my personal licence?
After successfully passing the exam, you will receive the certificate then you need to make an application to your local council. An application must also be made for a DBS certificate. Once issued, the Licence will last indefinitely, with no need to renew.
Alternatively, we can also help you to process your application.